Connect a Service
It is necessary for us to complete several administrative tasks before we are able to deliver power to you.
Follow these steps when applying for service:
- If you are an existing Lynches River member, you may call when applying for new service. Find our contact number here.
- If you are applying for service for the first time, you may need to come to our office. Some applications can be completed by phone. Find our Pageland, SC home office here.
- A $5 membership fee and a deposit may be required in addition to a service charge for setting up a new account.
- If you are moving to an existing location, the 911 address (street name and house number) or the meter number at that location is required.
- If you are building a home and would like "permanent" service, a passing county inspection must be received by Lynches River before service can be connected. Upon completion of the county inspection, each county usually forwards a copy of the completed inspection. It generally takes Lynches River five working days to have power connected. Associated fees and deposits may be necessary. Please call regarding fees and deposits.
Building and Zoning Departments
The following numbers are each respective county's building and zoning departments:
- Chesterfield County - 1.843.623.9615
- Kershaw County - 1.803.425.1500
- Lancaster County - 1.803.285.1969