Understanding Your Bill
Your monthly statement shows the billed amount for kilowatt hours used. It also has other helpful information, including your usage over a 12-month cycle and the "important message" section that allows LREC to communicate with our members. The image to the right is your bill numbered along with the information below. Click it to expand it to full view and then you can move it to the right on the screen to see the information below.
To understand you bill, please download the following PDF
Please follow the numbered explanations that correspond with the numbers on the statement sample below to better understand your monthly statement.
- This area shows your average kilowatt-hour usage and cost per day. It also shows your days of service for that period.
- Service address: This is the actual address where service is located.
- Statement date: Actual date of your statement.
- Important information concerning your past due bills, returned checks and fuel adjustment charges.
- Electric Bill Summary: Indicates previous and present meter readings and the kilowatt hour usage for your current statement. This also gives current billing charges, previous statement charge, payments and adjustments on your account.
- Monthly message of interest to member.
- Amount due: Total monthly charge for your statement due upon receipt. The past due amount is also shown if payment is received after the due date shown in section 3.
- Account number: This is your Lynches River Electric Cooperative account number. Please refer to this number when calling our office.
- Billing address: Address actual bill is sent to.
- Board District: This district tells you who your board member is. Use this when it's time to vote at the annual meeting.