Calling all teachers!
Have a unique project idea but don’t know where to start? The Bright Ideas Grant Program, sponsored by Lynches River Electric Cooperative, supports our local teachers in implementing innovative and effective classroom education curriculum that otherwise would not be available due to lack of funding. The purpose of this program is to provide resources for teachers in Chesterfield, Lancaster and Kershaw counties, which will give them the means to administer original, tailor-made lessons and projects to stimulate student’s unique learning styles and abilities.
Lynches River Electric Cooperative’s main goal is to not only provide reliable electric energy to our members, but to improve the quality of life for them and their communities. We believe this goal is paralleled by our teachers who are going above and beyond to provide our youth with the tools and knowledge that they require to become contributing members to our society and in the workforce.
Receive Up to 1,000 dollars!!
This dedication to our youth has inspired Lynches River Electric Cooperative to provide the Bright Ideas Grant Program. All certified kindergarten through grade 12 teachers in Chesterfield, Lancaster and Kershaw counties are eligible to apply for a grant to fund an innovative and effective classroom project to implement in their classroom. Teachers may receive up to $1,000 dollars individually or as a team. Partial funding may also be awarded with $1,000 dollars being the max. Winners will be announced this fall.
- All applications are due by midnight on October 1, 2021. Late applications will not be considered.
- Submissions made by August 20, 2021 will be entered in a drawing for a $100 gift-card.
- Funding will be awarded no later than November 30, 2021 for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Applications will be reviewed by a panel omitting name of school and teacher names.
- Questions or concerns? Please email Erica Shehane at email@example.com.